Monday, January 27, 2014

December 29, 2013

I hope everyone had a very merry christmas!! It didn't hit me in the moment, but afterwards I was thinking about Christmas day and I realized how memorable it really was. What an amazing opportunity it is to have a Christmas here in Taiwan serving the Taiwanese people. Everyone keeps asking what we did on Christmas and I think back and say.. "we taught English!" I believe we captured the true spirit of Christmas in devoting our entire Christmas day to service and sharing the Gospel without once thinking about ourselves. It really was a special Christmas! I am so grateful for the time I have spent here and how much I have changed and grown. Christmas really made me realize that life has been so much different and has allowed me to change and grow in ways I never would have been able to if I wasn't here. I have also developed an even greater appreciation for what an awesome family I have and have realized from a new perspective how much I love you all! 


Last weeks miracle was ANOTHER family just walked into the church! On saturday night we were here for a lesson and this family of 3 (mom dad and their son) walked right on into the church and said "hey we used to know some missionaries and we want to start coming to church!" How cool is that? The Lord is preparing so many people here I don't know if we can handle it! They came to church yesterday and on their way out the mom says to us "We chose the right place to come to today!" So SWEET! Oh man I am loving it so much here. 
Hope you have another fantastic week next week momma. Love and miss you! <3 Elder Ripley

No comments:

Post a Comment