Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 12, 2013

I will be sure and get a birthday card out to Aunt Alice today! I looked for one last week but the store only had lame ones so I will find a better one this week. Celeste kitten looks pretty cute! Haha and it looks like you are having a great time on that motorcycle! You are so dangerous! :D I would love to see those pictures of Blakes baptism! I got his invite the other week and was super excited! He is such a great kid. I am excited to see how much he has grown when I get back. What is cool is his baptism was on the same day as brother lin!

The highlight of the week for us was this last saturday, Our best friend, brother Lin, was baptized! He is the most amazing kid ever. He is 10 years old right now. His knowledge of the scriptures is fantastic! He had a very strong desire to be baptize, and whe we asked him why he wanted to be baptized so much he said it was because he wants to recieve the Holy Ghost! I was so amazed at this young kids maturity! He is a stud! I have grown to love him so much. While on my mission I made a few goals, or I guess you could say expectations. They are broad goals and require sub goals or smaller ones to help me achieve them. One of them is that I have a goal and expect to baptize people that I love. This last saturday was a taste of achieving that goal! I feel like one of the greatest accomplishments of my mission so far is learning to love people. I have learned to act out of love. These feelings of love come mostly when I am serving them, teaching them the Gospel, and when I am on my knees praying for them and praying to God that he will fill me with a greater love for them and allow me to feel about them how He does. This week while reflecting on Elder Hollands talk "The first great commandment" it really inspired me. Go read it right now! I love Jesus' call to arms to His apostles as well as Elder Hollands call to arms to us! The part that hit me the hardest was when Elder Holland gave a non scriptural description of what the Lord might have said to His disciples after His resurrection when He found His apostles once again on the lake fishing. He said "Children, Did not my life and my love touch your hearts more deeply than this?" This sentence has been a huge motivator for me. It reminded me of how deeply the Lords love has changed my life and has given me a great desire to not only love the people here but more importantly to help them come to know of the Savior's infinite love for them.

Well I love you mom and hope you have another fantastic week this week! Miss you!    -Elder Ripley

Hahaha I think I remember what goes first, your youth!
Thanks so much for taking such good care of my car dad! I saw it in the background of the picture of mom on the motorcycle and it is looking pretty nice! I cant believe it can fit in the garage now! And thanks aton for the packages too, I love them and so do all of the missionaries serving around me :) And no I do not have to pay any extra money ever.
Wish I could have been there for the baptism, I am sure it was a beautiful service! I was at a baptism on the same day as you guys! I am excited to see those pictures.
This week right before sacrament meeting starts the Elders Quorum president walks up to me and says hey you are doing the confirmation today ok? I thought..I have never even done that in english...but I said...Alright lets do it! What an awesome experience. I am so grateful that I am worthy and hold the priesthood so that when times like that come up I can rise to the call, and even more grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to be a part of the proccess of God giving one of His children one of His greatest gifts, His Holy Spirit.
Thanks for your love and support Dad, It means the world to me! I don't know what I would be doing today if it wasn't for your example, probably making a living off of selling dingleberry pies. Love you dad! Have a good week!   -Elder Ripley

No comments:

Post a Comment