Friday, May 10, 2013

April 29, 2013


Hey momma! Thanks abunch for the music! That was actually not the song I was looking for but that is a super good song too! We have permission to get on lds.org now and I found the arise and shine song that I was looking for on there too so don't worry about it! I told you wrong, it is called arise and shine forth. oops! Looks like you guys had a good time at field day! I remember those days. Too much fun! Wow that monkey looks like a pretty mean monkey! At least she shot it before it got to her! I bet they are having a great time out there in Africa. Sounds pretty crazy to me! 
       This week in xinying we saw miracles. Elder Magnuson and I set goals and worked hard to hit them and in the proccess were blessed quite abit! The biggest miracle we saw this week was with Brother Wong. He is the best investigator I have ever seen at reading the scriptures. He reads everyday without fail and just can't stop! He has read quite abit of the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible, and lately has started reading Jesus the Christ as well. He has been extremely busy lately so we have been finding time here and there to teach him over the phone. We have been emphasizing praying as he reads lately so that he can recieve an answer from God that this is His true church. On saturday we called him and he didn't answer and then on sunday we called him again and he didn't answer again and also did not show up to church! I was super worried about it. After church ended we were eating with some members and Brother Wong walks into the church! He says hey I need to tell you something. We go into one of the rooms in the church and he starts to tell us about a dream he had. He said everything started out really dark and he felt really scared, but then everything all of a sudden light up and he felt a really strong feeling of warmth. He said it was a really good feeling that he couldn't describe. Afterwards he saw a man with white hair and had a deep feeling of respect and awe for him. After that he woke up! He said he remembered every detail and feeling he had very clearly. As he was telling us his experience I felt very clearly that his was an answer to his prayers. After telling us this I asked him do you think this is an answer to your prayers? He said I know it is! We invited him to be baptized right then and he accepted a date for may 11th! Super huge miracle! I can't even express how grateful I am to have been able to be a tool in the Lord's hands. Brother Wong is going to be a huge blessing to the ward here in xinying and is going to be such a great leader. I am so pumped for him!! I know the Gospel is true! I have seen it change the lives of many, including my own. I am so grateful for our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and for his infinite atoning sacrafice for us.
      Have a good week momma! Can't wait to talk on mother's day! Love you bunches!     -Elder Ripley

No comments:

Post a Comment