Wednesday, March 6, 2013

February 18, 2013


Hello mother dearest! I am sorry I did not get a chance to say much last week! So here is whats going on. This Monday we had Elder Watson from the quorum of the seventy as well as Elder Evans come to our mission and do a training. All the missionaries headed up to Taichung for the day so our preparation day this week got moved to Wednesday. Next week it will be on monday just like usual! I am little but further away from the temple so we do not get to go on the temple trip! Bummer..but I got to go twice already which is super awesome. I did recieve the two boxes today! I am not sure if they will cost me or anything, they came just as we were heading out so our guan li (the guy who sits at the front counter at our apartment complex) said we can just pick them up on our way in. Sounds like work is going pretty well! That is awesome! 3rd and 5th grade math is going to be pretty rough for me when I get home as well...

This past week and a half has been pretty great! We found some cool investigators last week but one of them moved out of our area on monday and anothers dad called us and told us we can't meet with his son anymore, so that was pretty rough, But! This week is power week! For this whole week we just have personal study from 8 to 8:30 and companion study from 8:30 to 9 and then we leave the apartment and proselyte the rest of the day! We also have missions and goals for each day, for example mondays mission was set up a family home evening and the goal was to get at least 3 investigators there. Yesterdays mission was ride forth into the streets armed with as many Book of Mormons as possible and the goal was to place 15 Book of Mormons! (Includes getting their information, giving them a Book of Mormon, and setting up a follow up date with them) Elder Liu and I hadn't been seeing aton of success contacting on the streets in our main area (xinying) so we headed out to one of our secondary areas after district training meeting yesterday (liu jia) and hit the streets hard! We made our plans and prayed for the Lord's help to hit our goal and we had just enough time to hit our goal and ride back to our apartment in time! Even though it was a bit harder to set up lessons, (most the people there don't go to xinying often and we don't ride our bikes out there often) we were able to give all these people an opportunity to read the word of God and got their information as well as set up follow up dates with them! Pray for these people that they will feel the spirit as they read the Book of Mormon and will have a desire to come to church and recieve the Gospel! One of the best parts, during power week, if you hit the goal you call President Bishop that night after planning and say "this is Elder___, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!" So sweet. Elder Liu and I had a fun time with that one.

Hey quick question: Did you buy that CD from Rachelle? Please send me the rest of the music from that CD! My companion really likes her music as well haha. Well I love you! Have a great week! Talk to you on monday!   -Elder Ripley

   

Hey Dad,

I did get the two packages today but they came to the apartment on our way out so we are going to pick them up on our way in tonight. Where are you working at right now? Sounds like you guys did a great job with the flags this week! I know I can always count on my dad to get things done right :D

Have a good rest of the week! I know this Gospel is true. The savior lives and loves us! I am so grateful for the happinness and blessings the Gospel has been brought into my life. Love you Dad! 

Your friend -Elder Ripley


No comments:

Post a Comment