Monday, June 25, 2012

June 18, 2012


Thank you for sending pictures every week i love to see what is going on back home! Thanks for the letters from friends as well as the programs and letters from you i love reading those! You have the I cloud thing? What is that like? I bet it is awesome. I saw in the conference edition of the Liahona that some of the talks have that box you can scan on a smart phone and immediately watch the talk..i was so impressed! That is so cool..technology these days! I am so grateful for the relief society and the support the give to me! Tell them all thank you very much and i love them! Also please tell aunt alice and uncle vern that I appreciate their support more than they know and am praying for them everyday. I will write soon! I have been trying to find a postcard to send them but I can't seem to find any!
 
As for taiwan the weather here is still a little crazy. A typhoon was going to hit this weekend but it turns out it is not going to hit land but we will get aton of rain from it, which we have. I kind of wanted it to hit just to see what it is like :D Plus i have heard if you are contacting in a typhoon, the only people you find are golden people or crazy people haha. And we have not had a chance to meet with the chang family this week because they have been super busy and one of their kids got sick which is a bummer but hopefully this week we will get a chance to see them. Thank you so much for your prayers momma, i can feel them every day.
 
This last week we met with Mr tien. He is an awesome guy. When we first ran into him we were riding our bikes down the street and saw him walking in front of us so we stopped and talked with him. He told us he just got off work and to follow him down the street to his house. We were a little taken aback because most people don't say that but we followed him down the street abit and as we pull up to his house we hear some people inside laughing and he says oh we have guests over! That's alright come on in! Turns out another family is over hanging out with his family and they are playing wii and board games and what not. We sat down and told him about God being our loving Heavenly Father and had a prayer with their family but we didn't stay for too long because they had guests, but this time meeting with him it was just him there and we had an awesome discussion with him. He had loads of questions for us which all were answered through the first lesson. It is amazing to see how the Lord is preparing people to recieve His gospel! It is so great to be a tool in the Lords hand finding these people.
 
This week we had companionship exchanges and this time my trainer left the area and i stayed, which means i become senior companion for a day! And it turns out that morning my trainer had to go to a leadership meeting, so another missionary who's companion had to go to the meeting too came to my area and proselyted with me. (Our area is right next to the mission home so everyone came up for the meeting) So i pretty much had double companionship exchanges right in row, it was fun! I went on exchanges with Elder Miller, who's family is from a small hawaiin island called mulakai. He also has family on oahu and it turns out I knew some of his friends and family from going to school with them at BYU! Small world! After we switched back to our companions we went out to Daya to teach english, and Karen brought us mangoes this week! She is too good to us. The mangoes here are sooooo good. I can't even explain it. She always writes down questions about english that she thinks of throughout the week and brings them to class for me to answer and this week she read some news article about boy scouts and s'mores and had no idea what that was. Lets just say we had a little lesson on how to make s'mores.
 
Recently one of our recent converts really learned of the power of prayer. He has to go to the hospital often to get his kidneys cleanded and is often in alot of pain. He has learned to rely on Heavenly Father to get him through. We have been taught that the spirit comes through the prayer of faith. The spirit comforts us as well as guides and directs our thoughts and actions. If you get a chance,read on page 93 of preach my gospel about the prayer of faith. It talks about something interesting that i haven't focused alot on in my life, which is praying for the spirit to direct our prayers. I can testify that as I pray for the spirit to direct my prayers, my prayers change. They become more and more sincere and I can feel the spirits guidance in my life more abundantly! The spirit really does come through the prayer of faith, i have seen it in my own life, and felt it from your prayers for me.
 
Thanks for all of your support and love family! Love you all bunches! Hope all is well. Have a super awesome week!
 
Pictures-we ate at a restaurant this week that is trying really hard to be american and they have these "western sayings" on the walls that are...kind of funny. Ha there are things like this all over the place here, it is pretty funny. Ping pong- cant remember if I already sent some of these so sorry if i did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment